May 31, 2012

Vietnamese Iced Coffee

vietnamese iced coffee (cafe sau da)

vietnamese iced coffee (cafe sau da)

Vietnamese iced coffee is my favorite. (Sorry Starbucks) It brings back memories of when my parents ordered it when we went to a Vietnamese restaurant. I was too young then to appreciate the taste of coffee and thought it was only a drink "grown ups" could enjoy. But now, I need it to put a little pep in my step each morning. Since it's not really practical for me to stop in a Vietnamese restaurant just to order coffee, I'm going to start making it at home (recipe here). It's a different way of making coffee, and I secretly think that's why I love it so much. It calls for strong coffee brewed individually through a Vietnamese coffee filter stacked on top of a cup. Sweetened with condensed milk and cooled with ice, it's the perfect pick me up for hot days. 

1 comment :

  1. OMG I love vietnamese iced coffee! I always try to get it when I go to my favorite pho restaurant. I never thought that I could make it at home!

    161cm.com

    joanne♥choi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest