October 30, 2012

DIY Jack O' Lantern String Lights

Jack o' lantern string lights

Getting my house decorated properly for Halloween means cutting out little pumpkins and putting them on string lights. Just a simple DIY project, just in time for Halloween. Although, I do love eerie and dark Halloween decorations I've seen out there... this year, I'm more inclined to sweet and simple. I'm hanging these above my desk, which is against the window so it casts neat little pumpkin shadows to those looking from the outside. Not to be creeping I hope. 

Jack o' lantern string lights
Jack o' lantern string lights
Jack o' lantern string lights
Jack o' lantern string lights
Jack o' lantern string lights

Sort-of instructions:
Doodle a mini pumpkin on card stock as your template // trace on orange paper or cardstock // hole punch the eyes // poke the light bulbs through carefully // light and be merry.

25 comments :

  1. Love them! Never thought of that! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and simple idea! I'm bookmarking this for next Halloween!

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe tomorrow is Halloween already. Love your paper garland....fabulous and fun!! I'll file this away for next year. As I love white, maybe I'll try white paper pumpkins instead of orange.
    Cheers from DC ~
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty! :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea. I will use this idea but change it up a little bit for Christmas this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! I'll have to try them tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, that is the ticket. easy and simple. just like I like it! great job. donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable are those! Very neat idea. :)

    ~Phuong
    http://classypeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic and so simple! Thanks for sharing. All the best - Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. soo cute and festive!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, it's so adorable and simple! One could also use this idea for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! and so simple. definitely going to have to try this! maybe using leaves instead of pumpkins, since halloween is nearly over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There is so much room to be flexible and creative with this project! Like Cho said up there, it can be used for Christmas too. Little stars or Christmas trees? :)

      Delete
  13. These are so cute, I love them. What a great idea. I'm definitely going to change this up for Christmas, so fun! Happy Halloween! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic blog hun! your very creative thats for sure. thanks so much for leaving your lovely comment on my blog. now following you with gfc and looking forward to what you have to share in the future. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, these are really cute! I love how they look like eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How perfect! Absolutely love this idea!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOLY SHIT!!! THIS IS SOOO SIMPLE AND CUTE!! AHH I'm sad I didn't see the post sooner. It looks fantastic!!!!!! I can't wait to do it next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest