January 7, 2013

Meet Lucille

red bike

Or Lulu for short :)

She is a old bike I picked up at the flea market over the weekend. I was so happy to have found her after being in the market for a bike since last summer. A few weeks ago, I came across this Papillionaire bike and needed to hurry my hunt to find a similar one, since that one is about $600. I couldn't believe I found Lucille, she's looks almost identical, only with a lot more character and costing me a lot less.

vintage bike

Yes, she is a little rusty.
She is fire engine red.
She has a saddle seat that would make any trip comfortable.
She has a bike rack carrier to hold... things.

and I. Love. Her.

red vintage bike Lucille, red vintage bike

I spent most of my weekend cleaning her up. Scrubbing away the rust and shining her frame. It was a lot of dirty work and it did horrors on my nails. Regardless, I'm proud of how she turned out. All I need is to get a couple handle bar grips! Now I can start saving some money on gas for trips to the grocery store and markets. Not to mention start riding in style all over town :)

16 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I wish I had such flea markets near by with awesome stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too lucky... this is a gorgeous bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful life together going on all sorts of adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is amazing! Wow...and I love the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the color - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm dying for a vintage bike–haven't found one yet, though!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! I just ran across your blog. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks like a prize, for sure! And the fact that you named her - priceless. She's definitely got some serious character going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww..Lulu is lovely! Love the red color! Nice to meet her!!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! And I love the name ;) Your blog is just lovely. Can't wait to explore! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a wonderful fixer-upper bike this summer that still has some rust spots with my name on it - but I wouldn't have it any other way. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty!! I wish I had a bike and I wish I lived not on hilly streets!! hehe =)

    Enjoy your time w/ Lucille! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's a beauty – and I love that you can go tandem! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know you named her Luli! :) she suits you well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest