February 26, 2015

The Great Escape Room in Tampa


This past Sunday I was locked in a room with 7 other friends and we had an hour to get ourselves out.  We ran around the room, pulled books and knick knacks off the shelves and pulled out our hair trying to figure a way out. This is not a plot for a scary movie, it was the Great Escape Room

So really I had the pleasure of joining my friends Never Have I Ever Tampa and company to experience the Great Escape Room in Tampa before it officially opens in a couple weeks. The premise of the game is: you are locked in a room for 60 minutes and Sherlock Holmes tells you that you have to work with your team to find clues hidden throughout the room and solve 4 puzzles to find your way out. It's part scavenger hunt and puzzle solving.

My team and I made it out just under 49 minutes. It's definitely a unique experience that I can't wait to bring my friends to! I actually wish I could just watch them all scurry around the room trying to figure it out. Since I already know where all the clues are and how to solve the puzzles, I'm sure watching them would be just as fun. I can't tell you how much fun it was trying to find all of the clues...  not to mention what a great feeling it was to solve the puzzles. They were a bit tricky! I am a nerd for these things. But everyone was so nice, the entire room cheered when each puzzle was solved. We even heard the other room cheering too. So much positivity, I love it.

There are are four other locations in Orlando, Miami, Michigan and DC. And now it's coming to Downtown Tampa! I can imagine how much fun it would be for birthday parties and team building!

If you're ever in the Tampa area and have an hour to spare, definitely check out the Great Escape Room and see if you can escape within the hour.

4 comments :

  1. I did one of these in NYC and it was SO much fun! (we made it out, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this and would love to do it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for affordable or free team building exercises online that contained some excellent activities. I had a better chance of getting approval for these from my boss. I decided to try a couple of these activities and found that they work well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOST SG
    LOST SG is a 75mins top-rated Escape Room provider in Singapore that offers the next generation escape game experience. Come get your minds blown.
    http://lostsgescaperoom.snack.ws/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest