May 15, 2012

Picnic Ideas and Guide

Picnic guide
1. Picnic blanket // 2. Picnic basket // 3. Green tea sunscreen // 4. Pillows // 5. Picnic serving utensils //
6. Spoons, fork, & knives // 7. Bowls
It's almost summer! The perfect time of the year to relax and enjoy the outdoors... and have a picnic. So I've put together a pretty substantial picnic guide with all the things you'll need!  I've been thinking about it recently because I just found out my downtown has music and movies in the park event every Thursday. How awesome! I love finding new things about St. Pete. It's such an awesome idea to build up our city and bring the community together. And also a great time for a picnic. So here it is...

 The ultimate picnic guide.


Supplies

  • A picnic basket is definitely a must-have, but don't be afraid to get creative and use different kinds of containers (maybe a bag or an open basket)  
  • Grab a blanket you don't mind getting a little dirt on and some pillows to lay back on. 
  • If you bring food, you'll want to pack some serveware (utensils, serving spoons, bowls/plates, tupperware) and a bottle opener
  • Pack trash bags and to clean up afterwards.

Food

  • You'll want to pack something light (veggies & fruits: watermelon, strawberries, blueberries), simple and portable (cheese, bread, nuts). Or make something beforehand like sandwich, salad, pasta, cupcakes or dessert in a jar.
  • Pack plenty of water, especially for being outside, you don't want to be dehydrated! I like to bring Izze soda, you can always recycle Izze bottles to make a vase, decorate your home, and set the table.  Or you can mix it up and bring a mixed cocktail. 

Entertainment

  • Enjoy the outdoors! Bring some board games, a deck of cards or sports equipment (football, frisbees, etc)
  • Make the most of other events outdoor events taking place (movie, concert, live entertainment)

Protect Yourself

  • Protect your skin and don't forget to pack the sunscreen, a hat and some sunglasses. 
  • If you're a constant target for mosquitos and other bugs, make sure to pack bug spray and insect repellent or bring citronella candles
For more inspiration for your picnic, check out my pinboard

Picnic ideas guide

Images via pinterest

18 comments :

  1. Oh, I suddenly wished to go to a picnic! Great post! :)))

    Kisses.

    www.pollysboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love picnics! and all that food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love picnics, so fun and romantic!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are, I planned a picnic date for my boyfriend and I for one of our anniversaries a couple years ago. :)

      Delete
  4. okay, i'm now wishing that:
    1. i could re-do my engagement pictures!
    and
    2. that i could go on a picnic right now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Photo shoots are so fun & you just gave me and idea of doing one with a picnic theme now! :)

      Delete
  5. love your blog layout! picnics are great :0)

    -Samantha
    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are really fun and a great time to get creative!

      Delete
  6. lovely post! thank you for visiting my blog...i love that picnic blanket as red is my favorite color! i love playing frisbee when i can!

    xx heidi
    life full of loves

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picnic blanket is gorgeous and I love the packaging for the picnic silverware. You've got some great tips here. I'm going to keep them in mind for our planned Memorial Day picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love picnics! And since moving to Germany, I love them even more! There is something so relaxing about setting out on a bike with some yummy food and just lounging in the sun all day. Absolute perfection!

    xo
    bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wooden utensil kit is SO adorable!

    161cm.com

    joanne♥choi

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tips and i love ur blog layout too.. simple and clean.

    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great post! I don't think I have been on a proper picnic in my adult years. That's great that you have music and movies in the park!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! :)
    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
    and if you like, we can follow each other pretty! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello darling, thank you so much for all your overwhelmingly sweet comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed my posts! :)

    I love this post - when I was younger, I always yearned for a rattan picnic basket but I was never allowed to have one for some reason! Haha. Our clunky eskies just didn't seem half as whimsical (though they were most definitely the most pragmatic option)!

    Love your blog too - it's so original and it is so refreshing to read a blog that has non-fashion-related content too. ;) Following you on Bloglovin' now!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest