February 15, 2013

Love Stories with Kate and Brian

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! But let's not let love stop there. Today, I'm so excited to share another sweet love story from our next story teller Kate, who is a graphic designer and shares great bloggy tips on her blog.


"Brian and I met my freshman year of high school.  That year we happened to do all the same sports- cross country in the fall, swimming in the winter, and track in the spring.  We continued to become friends during swim team over the summer.  We finally went out on our first date on August 17th, about a year after we met.  We got frozen custard and from then on we were pretty inseparable."

"We were always one of those annoying couples who celebrated their monthly anniversary.  Brian was very intense about getting me something once a month- whether it was flowers or chocolate or a card.  Valentine's Day was always special because our 6 month anniversary was 3 days later, so we usually combined the two into a kind of super date.  I remember one year Brian pulled out all the stops and made me this delicious home cooked meal- he even got my mom to help walk him through making one of the dishes.  It was so fun!"


"Four days before the 7 year anniversary of our first date, we got married.  We'd been through 4 years of long distance while I was at college, and it was really amazing to finally reach this milestone that we'd been looking forward to for so long.

Last year our 6 month wedding anniversary fell the day before Valentine's Day, so we went out for dinner and celebrated on the 13th.  We did the same thing this year, and I definitely see it becoming a tradition."


Thank you so much, Kate! Be sure to check out her blog and say hi. Happy weekend!

Wedding and engagement photos by JMK Photos.

5 comments :

  1. looks so lovely!!! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet couple...her dress looks gorgeous!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so sweet! Kate's the best. :) xoxo, Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for having me, Milynn! These comments made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest