February 14, 2013

Seaside Valentine's Day


Joshua and I celebrated Valentine's Day early last Saturday since he won't be in town today. We grabbed some blankets and tables and enjoyed a sunset dinner at our secret place, that was not so much a secret I learned...


When we started setting up our picnic area, with our clanking plates and silverware in tow, I noticed that we were not alone. If you can just imagine: to get to our secret place, you have to park away from the parking lot in a dirt field, walk through the bushes and trees onto a boardwalk not easily seen, and you keep going until you see a little open space facing the water. You can also climb down the edge of that field to get to the shore. Well, down by the shore was another couple cuddling it up watching the sun slowly dip behind the horizon. 

Thinking they saw me, I immediately ducked, grabbed our things and dragged it over to the other side of the field. Joshua had no idea what was going on while I was doing all of this awkwardly. It was a sight to see, I'm sure. 

Regardless, it was a beautiful evening. Just us two (I'd like to think) by the water with our dinner and sweets.



We spent the afternoon in the kitchen cooking together. It definitely brought me back to the days when we used to do that when we first started dating. We made homemade roasted red pepper sauce to throw over pasta, strawberry lemonade and baked red velvet cookies. 

I made the tablecloth weekend before. It was a simple DIY, but it took for.ever! All you need is 2 yards of fabric, craft foam, hot glue gun, cardboard and paint. I cut the foam into a shape of heart, hot glued it to the cardboard and stamped the fabric. This handmade stamp tutorial goes into more detail about the process.


Did you guys celebrate early too or have something special planned for tonight?
Wishing you all a love filled day :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Tomorrow I'm sharing another love story! See the first one here

10 comments :

  1. looks like a wonderful night! love the table set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are TOO ADORABLE! i wish it was warm enough for an outdoor picnic here but the living room will have to make to for this evening. Happy Valentine's Day from Erin in Wonderland!

    eiwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picnic! Your heart tablecloth is such a sweet touch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little night for you two....even if there MIGHT have been another couple there too. Picnics are the best!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! When it gets warmer out, I definitely need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow looks like it was a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Even if you celebrated early, I bet it was so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to spend a date together. I love this! So much better than a restaurant!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest