November 28, 2011

Breakfast at Home


Yesterday before I left to go back to Orlando, my parents decided to create a mini dim sum restaurant at home. My dad made shumai with pork and shrimp in wonton skins. I am pretty sure we were not supposed to use wonton skins for these dumplings, but it still tasted delicious. We just cut off the excess skin after steaming them, no big deal. Then we made steamed BBQ pork dumplings. Yum! They were the perfect snack for the road. My mother thinks home cooked meals are the best (I don't blame her!) and her quote of the morning was, "We don't have to go get dim sum anymore!" 







Now I just have to learn to make some lotus leaf wraps, and we will be set. And maybe some pork/ginger dumplings too...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest