October 30, 2012

The 100 Project (Part 1)

Have you heard about The 100 Project? Last month, I came across it on Jennifer's blog, I ART U, and decided to take part. I finally got around to getting the film developed this past weekend! So here is my first installment of photos that I took on my disposable camera from October 1-7. 

Read more about the project here


Being so close to the seaside is definitely my favorite part of living in St. Petersburg. Most days, I run out of the door with my flip flops and shorts to head out to the beach or my new favorite dock. It is the best place to go to put me at ease and help me forget the troubles of that day. 

What is your favorite part about your city?

Also, I am praying for all those in the Northeast having to deal with Frankenstorm. Stay safe and let's hope for a fast recovery! 

10 comments :

  1. My favorite part about my city is the canal. It is beautiful to just walk along it and forget about my worries.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exquisite pictures. I absolutely love how you have captured the scenery! My favorite part about my city is actually the weather right now. Being in Utah we have so many colors on the trees but our mountains are tipped with the whitest snow. The contrast is breathtaking. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope you have a fabulous Halloween as well!

    Happy Tuesday!
    xoxo
    Liesl

    woodsy-soiree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! that is definitely a contrast from where I live! But the scenery there is gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. what a cool project! although it is weird to read i have to develop my film, i haven't done that in years

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love docks. When I was a single adult, a bunch of my friends and I used to drive 35mins to one in the middle of the night. It was in the middle of nowhere (away from city lights) and because it was so far away, we can see the stars with ease. Not to mention it was on a lake so we would go swimming at night under the full moon. Gosh, I sure miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part about D.C. are the monuments. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to live so close to such a setting!! Perhaps one day I'll have a little beach or waterfront cottage....nothing big of course....just a shack will do :)
    Loi
    Tone on Tone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an amazing project! I had not heard about it but now I wish I had known about it before! =)
    Great photos. I haven't taken film photos in a very long time. I feel like I may be bad at it since I have come to rely on my digital so much. When I was a kid and only had film photos as an option, I was much more careful and attentive to how I took pictures. This is a good idea to start doing that again!

    As far as my favorite parts of my city...I especially love going to the special high tops where you can see the views of the bridges and other amazing buildings throughout. =)

    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest