October 29, 2012

002 // Sunday Breakfast


Sunday mornings, as you know, has become my favorite time of the week. Waking up just as the sun peaks and making myself breakfast is something I look forward to. I don’t really plan what to make ahead of time, but sometimes things just find their way to you. Like on Saturday, I happened to come across a waffle maker I didn’t know I had. So then, waffles on the Sunday breakfast menu it is. 




Easy Waffle Recipe with Almond Milk

2 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 ¾ cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
A pinch of cinnamon, if you like.

1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together milk, oil and eggs together in a separate bowl.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture gradually and stir until it is all blended. There should be a few lumps in the mix.
4. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter on to your waffle maker according to its instructions. For me, it was about 4-6 minutes until the waffle maker stopped steaming.

** Optional: If you want blueberry waffles, you can sprinkle on some fresh blueberries on top of the batter in the waffle maker and close the lid. 

22 comments :

  1. I love to have a big breakfast on sunday morning.. and that jelly looks amazing! -annalizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I love breakfast on the weekends, they are so much more enjoyable and delicious! Love waffles!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I wish I could have some WAFFLES :d

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is something about weekend breakfasts that make me so happy!


    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always kill me with these weekend breakfasts! We didn't have time for any big breakfasts this weekend... but I'll give the credit to my hubby because part of the reason is that he let me sleep in BOTH mornings. I'll make it up to him with pancakes soon. :-)

    -Becca
    http://makingroomwithus.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of him! Nothing like food to get to a man's heart right? :)

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful. Waffles are a family tradition in my parent's house. When I was a kid we would host waffle breakfasts for our entire church. My dad would be cooking waffles like a crazy person for almost 100 people on a Saturday morning in December. It was one of the most beautiful times of my life. So waffles are very close to my heart. And it helps that they are pretty and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is a lot of waffles! That must have been so fun to host, and it is beautiful indeed!

      Delete
  7. These waffles look so delicious! Being able to have a relaxing breakfast at home is definitely one of the best parts of the weekend. I made pancakes on Saturday morning with my roommate and we cooked in some banana slices - so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look so yummy! waffles are a favorite of mine, i made vegan pumpkin ones this weekend. so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, waffles. I love making Sunday morning breakfasts, if I can get myself up before noon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it out!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delish!

    forallthatjas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you used almond milk! I only ever have almond milk on hand, this sounds perfect and looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love using almond milk in my baking :) I don't think it makes much of a difference at all!

      Delete
  13. Mmm...looks so yummy. I always love a good waffle! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are lovely! And I am a waffle fanatic -- the perfect weekend food.
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! I love to make waffles on the weekends. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh that looks so good! waffles are my favorite breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would like to eat these waffles now :) And I like your photos of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest