November 11, 2014

From Over the Weekend: New Orleans


The best kind of trips are the kind that happen out of nowhere. Midweek, a friend of mine suggested we skip town for a few days to drive up to New Orleans and clear our minds on the open road. Me, never one to say no to getaways, said yes; we packed our bags and left.

It was a bit more chilly there than I anticipated. But I had so much fun walking through the French Quarter, eating cajun/creole foods, photographing and drinking down Bourbon Street. I'll have to share more photos of my stay there soon! Everything was so charming and the colors on the homes and buildings were so fun.

While I was there... it felt so nostalgic, even though I've never been there. It was like experiencing a trip out of someone else's chapter.

2 comments :

  1. i love nola! i hope you share more photos from your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lived in Nawlins for over twenty years. I look forward to seeing it through your eyes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest