November 8, 2011

{Dinner for Two} Sushi


Joshua and I love to go out for sushi when we have our little dates. So instead of going out last night (due to shortness of money and probably a little laziness), I decided to try my hand at making sushi. It was a lot of fun and lots of trial and error. I made three rolls and some inari sushi. Since I was limited on what I could make with what I had, I basically made three different-looking rolls, with the same ingredients: Krab, cucumber, and cream cheese. For my attempt at a volcano roll, I mixed the krab shreds in spicy mayo and baked it for about 10 minutes (it would probably be easier with a toaster oven). The inari sushi is made of fried tofu skin that has a little slit on the side that opens to form a pouch. I stuffed some of the sushi rice in there with some crab mixture. I wanted to decorate it a little bit to make it cute for the BF, so I made a kitty and a sleepy bear out of nori. I had just as much fun eating it as I was making it! 



1 comment :

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest