December 28, 2011

Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Recipe

Merry belated Christmas! I hope everyone had an amazing day! It was surprisingly hot here in the ever sunny state of Florida, which kind of took away from the winter spirit. But I spent most of the day cooking and then rewarded myself with some much needed family time. I made a stuffed french toast breakfast and Peppermint White Hot Chocolate. Then I got right into prepping the dough for cinnamon buns and then started baking the turkey. It was a small turkey and only took three hours, but I was pretty proud of it. 

Actually...earlier that day, more like 12am, I made a bracelet for my niece. I was a very busy bee Christmas day. But check it out, my first handmade bracelet.




Peppermint White Hot Chocolate

Ingredients (6 servings)

1/2 crushed peppermint candy cane
6 cups of whole milk
1 cup of white chocolate chips
4 teaspoons of milk chocolate chips or cocoa powder.
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Heat milk in a pot over the stove. Medium heat, do not boil.
2. Melt chocolates in the milk and add peppermint and vanilla extract. Lower the heat.
3. Once the mixture is all melted, serve.
4. Top with marshmallows or chocolate shavings. I used both with a candy cane! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely note!

Please follow me on Google Friend Connect | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest